Q:  How do I contact the Cadiz Police Department in an emergency?

A:   Call 9-1-1.  Due to the limited number of available incoming 9-1-1 telephone lines, use of this system is restricted to true emergencies.  Use of the 9-1-1 system is reserved to report a serious crime in progress, or just occurred, or a life threatening situation such as a medical emergency, fire, or car accident involving personal injury.

Q: How do I contact the Cadiz Police Department for a non-emergency?

A: You can call (270) 522-8369 anytime, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Q: Where is the Cadiz Police Department located?

A: We are located at 11 Marion Street in downtown Cadiz.  Our department is located directly beside and behind Cadiz City Hall.

Q: I need a copy of a report. How do I get a copy from the Cadiz Police Department?

A:  Copies of police reports may be obtained at the Cadiz Police Department during regular business hours, which are 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.   The Police Records Bureau is closed on Weekends and Holidays. Reports are generally available 48 to 72 hours after the incident occurred.

In order to obtain a copy of a report, the requestor’s name must appear in the report or a notarized authorization is necessary. Certain information, governed by state and federal privacy laws, is always removed from the report, prior to copying. This may include, but is not limited to, phone numbers, witness information, suspect information (until a case is completely adjudicated), and medical data. 

Police report copy fees are: $5 per report. 

Q: Can I get a criminal history check from the Cadiz Police Department?

A:  No.  The Cadiz Police Department no longer performs this service.  The data is public record and can be obtained at the Trigg County Circuit Court Clerk’s office or online at www.kycourts.net.

Q: How do I report a traffic accident/crash?

A: If you are involved in a traffic crash, Kentucky law requires a report to be filed if the crash occurred on a public roadway and resulted in an injury or combined damage in excess of $500.00.   It is often more convenient to report a traffic crash at the time it occurs.  Officers will respond to the scene when summoned to file a report.

Persons will be given a self-reporting Kentucky crash form for any crash reported more than 24 hours after it occurred.

Q: How can I find out the status of a police investigation?

A: Due to the confidential and sensitive nature of criminal investigations, information and the status of open investigations will not be provided over the Internet. If you are the victim of a crime and request updated information regarding the status of your case, please contact the Cadiz Police Department.  You may telephone during normal business hours at (270) 522-8369, Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM.  

Q: How do I report domestic violence to the Cadiz Police Department?

A:  If you are in immediate danger, call 911 or ask a neighbor to call if you are unable. If you are not in immediate danger but wish to report the incident, call the Cadiz Police Department or come to the Cadiz Police Department. This should be done as soon as possible after the incident to preserve evidence. You should also seek medical attention for any injuries you may have suffered.

Q: How come it took so long for the police to respond to my call?

A: All calls are prioritized with the most urgent or life threatening calls handled first

Q: I received a ticket from a Cadiz Police Officer.  Where do I go to pay this?

A: Tickets are paid to the Trigg County Circuit Court Clerk’s office in the Trigg County Justice Center, 41 Main Street.

Q: Does the City of Cadiz have a curfew for minors?

A: Yes.  Cadiz City Ordinance 130.23 states it is unlawful for any person under the age of 18 to be or remain upon any building, place, street, or highway within the city between 11:00 p.m.-6:00 a.m. Sunday night through Friday morning and 1:00 a.m.-6:00 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday.  Exceptions to the law are when the minor is accompanied by a parent or guardian or person authroized by the parent or guardian; on the sidewalk or driveway of their home; when returning home, or within one hour, of termination of a public/church/school event; going to or returning from work; other legitimate reasons that establish necessity. 

Q: Does Cadiz have a leash law for dogs?

A: Yes.  Cadiz City Ordinance 593 states it is against the law for dog owners to allow their dogs to wander unrestrained and uncontrolled upon public and private property in the Cadiz city limits.  All dog owners must purchase a dog license from the Trigg County Sheriff’s Office and keep the ID tag on the dog when outside their home.

Q: How do I get my fingerprints taken for my job or school?

A: You can call our office at (270) 522-8369 and make an appointment. You must provide the fingerprint card.  Fingerprinting costs $5.00 per person.

Q: I have a group of people and we want to visit your office to learn more about the  Cadiz Police Department.

A: Please call (270) 522-8369 from 8 AM and 4 PM and make arrangements two weeks ahead of the time of your visit.

Q: I called your office but no one answered the phone. Who do I call if I need an officer      but it is not an emergency?

A: The Cadiz Police Department provides 24 hour police services although sometimes the office is not occupied. In this case call Trigg County Emergency Services  non-emergency number at (270) 522-8888.

Q: How can I become a Cadiz Police Officer.

A: Anyone above the age of 21 can apply for a position with the Cadiz Police  Department. You must come to our office located at 11 Marion Street and pick up an application.

Q: Where do I pay my water bill or city tax bill?

A: You can pay your water bill or Cadiz city tax bill at Cadiz City Hall at the corner of Main Street and Marion Street.  The Cadiz Police Department does not take these payments from citizens.


email the Cadiz Police Department